When announcing his retirement, Luis Suarez said, "He is 37 years old. I know that it would be difficult for me to play in the next World Cup. But I am relieved to think that I am stepping down on my own, not because of injury or performance.
Uruguay will take on Paraguay in a World Cup qualifier on Friday (Saturday morning Bangladesh time). Before that match, he came to the press conference and announced his departure from Ajax, Liverpool, Barcelona and Atletico Madrid, and played football with his friend Lionel Messi in the United States.
However, his farewell announcement is not completely unexpected. After a brilliant period, the light of his career has already dimmed. So this 37-year-old star footballer is feeling proud as his paran is burning at the time of farewell.
Suarez said, "There is no greater pride than knowing the right time to retire, leaving at the right time." Fortunately I feel like I'm retiring from the national team at a time when I know it's time to step down.''
Age has been 37 years. I know that it would be difficult for me to play in the next World Cup. But I am relieved to think that I am stepping down on my own, not because of injury or performance.
Suarez said, 'The decision is certainly difficult; Saying goodbye is never easy. But the consolation that I will spend my (next) life with is that - I have wasted everything till the last match. That's why I felt that now is the time.'
In February 2007, Suarez started his career in the Uruguayan jersey in a 3–1 win against Colombia. Since then he was a regular member of the national team. Source: UNB
0 Comments